Thursday 17 October 2013

Do I Practise Witchcraft?

I was asked the other day if I still practise Witchcraft. I was a little surprised at the question as I run a mail order company supplying Pagans and Witches

I suppose it is possible to do this without practising magic/witchcraft yourself, but definitely not in my case. I love creating spells and working them, I love the magic of being out under the moon and stars doing Witchy things.

Every day I put up a snippet on Facebook and these are mainly to do with pagan worship, spells or magical or inspirational ideas.

Witchcraft is not a hobby or something I do at the weekends. I am a Witch full time, to the extent thqat I usually don't even think about it.

The other day we had a new photocopier fitted which had to be linked to my work pc. I hadn't given that a thought (except for tidying my desk a bit) until the engineer commented on our unusual collection of books - my pc is surrounded by bookshelves which reach nearly to the ceiling.

I suppose the collection is unusual to most people: folklore, voodoo, Witchcraft, herbalism, magic etc. Whereas to me these are part of my normal working day (and fun time too). I love researching through old books and coming across a magical gem which I can either try as it is or adapt into something which is practical and workable.

I do look out for the phases of the moon and work rituals at the full moon and for the festivals of the pagan year. But I don't make a big deal about this, I just get on and do them, because that is what being a Witch is about.

Being a Witch is not a theoretical subject. To be a Witch you must practise your Craft.

And I most certainly do.



No comments:

Post a Comment